Scrap CancerPosted 2 September 2022 at 10:58am
Scrap Cancer is back – right on time for the end of summer.
The Northern Cancer Foundation (NCF) and Triple M Metal (formerly BM Metals Services Inc.) are proud to announce that the 11th Annual Scrap Cancer challenge is happening in the Greater Sudbury and North Bay areas from September 7th to October 7th. Last year, Scrap Cancer raised over $46,000, and this year we are trying to DOUBLE that amount! We are hopeful we can do it, but we need your help!
Every dollar raised during this drive will directly support cancer research, equipment, and patient care at the Northeast Cancer Centre. Our researchers continue to work towards improving cancer care through innovative research that is making an impact on the world stage.
There are two ways for people to participate:
1. As an organization – ask employees to bring in scrap metal and/or gather unused material at your organization (Triple M Metal can provide collection service).
2. By dropping of your scrap metal and electronic waste at one of our public bins, located the businesses listed below:
• First Round Sports Bar (Val Caron)
• First Round Sports Bar (Copper Cliff)
• Rammako’s Source for Adventure (Regent)
• Bianco’s Superstore (Kingsway)
• Rifles and Reels Game and Fish Club (Garson)
Don’t forget to take a picture of your dropoff and post it to social media using #scrapcancer so we can see and share your support!
100% of the proceeds will be donated to the Northern Cancer Foundation.